Sunday, October 11, 2009

Unconventional taste

I'm about to do something uncoventional with this entry: Discuss TV in general rather than a specific show. It's mostly my opinion on TV in general, but it's still something to chew over as you think about it yourself.

I generally don't have time to watch TV. But I did want to see what's out there in terms of TV shows, and so I decided to blog about them as a both a way to keep myself engaged in pop culture and also to keep me accountable in discussing the shows I watch. I feel that it makes it more interesting for everybody in that regard. It also takes me awhile to find a show that I like, so the ultimate goal for me in keeping this blog is to find a show that I’ll make a commitment to watching and discussing with others. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I found my favorite show after the first entry—Glee. Even so, I’m still watching and reviewing. A part of me hoping that I’ll find something absolutely horrible, just so I know it’s one less show I’ll have to worry about.

In thinking about TV, however, I got to thinking about the different ways that students at Ohio University can watch TV. Although there is the traditional, actual television, most students watch shows and movies on their computers, either through sites like Hulu.com or by watching shows on DVDs. OU also has its own television and radio network, WOUB, even though that mostly airs public programming and is not necessarily geared toward college students.

I put together a slideshow of pictures relating to television-viewing at OU. Enjoy, and chew it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment