Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mapping out Glee

I always want to refer back to Glee. After all, it is my favorite show. Not my favorite show ever, though. That honor goes to American Dreams, which unfortunately ended in 2005. But Glee has definitely been more than satisfactory as a replacement.

The amount of talent that is in Glee astounds me. How can so many actors and actresses be so talented? Every time someone new has a solo on the show, the “wow factor” is huge. Really huge. So, I started to wonder, where do all of these people come from? They can’t all be in California.

And they’re not.

The actors and actresses from Glee come from all parts of the country, and even Canada. When one considers how spread out they are, it becomes even more impressive when it is seen on a map.


View A Gleeful Collection, Spread Across the Country in a larger map

I feel that in the future it would also be interesting to see how they all came to be on the show. Did they audition? Were they invited to audition? Several of the cast members were in Broadway productions. Could they have been selected because of their stage performances? Unfortunately, that information would make for one very complicated map.

As I continue to watch and enjoy Glee, I hope to continue to learn more and more about the actors and actresses who play the characters I have come to know and love. Glee is one show I will follow all the way through. I highly recommend you watch it for yourself. Chew it over.

2 comments:

  1. Quite a spread for actors who are supposed to play Midwesterners. The fact that one of them's from Alberta is surprising; it seems like no man's land up there, so props to Cory for making it so far. I've really gotta check out Glee; everyone but me seems to be watching it. And the fact that it's based in Ohio entices me. This motivates me to stream an episode on Hulu. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thing about actors is that they aren't all from california and new york like we think, they are from towns like ours and they just move to these two cities...and for good reason! hahah.
    personally, i think glee is boring. the point of the overly stereotypical characters is lost on me and i'm not really into shows that don't portray high school accurately. this show is a little goody-two-shoes for me, to be honest. freaks and geeks is more my style. or my so-called-life. but it's sadly not the nineties anymore, hah!
    and for the actor from canada: he should have stayed in canada, i would much rather spend my time watching degrassi than glee, hahah.

    ReplyDelete